Use the Twitter list feature to categorize accounts of those you follow. Like putting files into separate folders, you can put Twitter accounts into different lists.
– Add a Twitter account to multiple lists
– Create lists before adding accounts, or as you add accounts to existing lists
– Create public lists for all to see or private ones for yourself
– Follow lists as well as individual accounts
Create a list before adding accounts
1. Open your profile page in your Twitter account.
2. Lists > Create New List (you might need to scroll a bit)
A box displays to add a name and set a privacy level.
– Start with a letter
– Include letters, numbers, hyphen (-), and underscore (_), but no spaces (it adds hyphens)
– Maximum length: 80 characters
4. Privacy: Public (for all) or Private (for yourself: just applies to the list, not your entire account if that is public)
5. Create List
Add Follower accounts to a list
1. Open your Following or Followers list.
2. Find an account that you want to list.
3. Account profile > Gear icon > Add or remove from lists
4. Select one or more of your lists to which to add the account.
If you want to make a new list to which to add the account, click Create List and make a new one.
5. Click outside the box to close the list box.
The list is added to the Lists section of the navigation bar. If it’s not visible, click View All.